Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Person, can develop a Cold‏

So I think I'm a little bit sick now.  My ears are a little clogged, my throat hurts, and we've got dayquil to help us out.  Elder Elggren I think got it worse though.  He got sick two days ago and I'm just barely feeling anything.  Hope and pray that I'm just getting a little sick and not any worse!  It makes morning exercise pretty hard.  But oh well, things are going pretty great here, you know, the same as always.  I gave my first district meeting, that was fun.  Tuesday after that was pretty boring.

Wednesday was pretty cool, we talked to a bunch of people and we felt accomplished, like we were missionaries!  There is one lady we just really want to see, but two appointments have fallen through and she's felt super bad about both, because she just moved from Chicago and doesn't have a church here.  We tried to see her yesterday, but the kids jumping on the trampoline said "they're not here!" but one little boy said "My mom is here!" and ran to a different trailer and said, "mama, los senores!" There she was, and so we hope and pray she follows through this time! But yeah.

Wednesday we also had a cool lesson with a less active that has been confused.  She mentioned she didn't see how Joseph Smith could have seen God if the bible tells us we can't see God.  So we shared Numbers 12.  In Spanish, its pretty clear and says "Cara a cara, y revalar[e mi imagen" So that was fun.

Oh yeah, and then the sisters had to give us an awesome investigator they have named Cesar Pab[on.  He is awesome and we are teaching him because he was kind of a flirt and his wife didn't like it or the book of mormon.  But he knows a ton! He knows more about doctrine than most Mormons do.  He explained about how the trinity (in Spanish, there is no word for "Godhead" you just say trinidad) are three different beings but one and the same!  He listed all the scriptures about Jesus talking to his father.  He loves the idea of Christ in the Americas and as all the sisters say about all their investigators "he's elect."  More on him next week I bet.

And the sisters had two families at church this week!  Its pretty cool I have to say.  I'm jealous, no not really, I'm extremely happy!  They all had awesome experiences.

But in response to your letter-

We've had some pretty rainy days.  Including days where it looks completely sunny but is pouring.  I don't get it.  I thought Utah was weird.  Oh Scotty.  How did he get up there?  Old man.  I'll miss him.  Awesome for BYU beating Houston, but the Texans won their game, so free slushies at Sonic this Tuesday!

And I'm actually super happy about general authorities talking in their native language.  I've thought about that recently, and there's enough people who speak other languages that we can have stuff in their first language.  Spanish too, pretty soon we'll probably outnumber the English speakers if we don't already.  Just imagine that I'm able to understand what he said, even though y'all probably couldn't.  Could dad understand anything from his Portuguese?

I'm out of things to say, so I've got pictures today!  Love y'all, and keep reading those scriptures and praying!  And go to church! And so forth.

Elder David Austin Barlow

Unfortunately the pictures David sent in this email have not been able to be downloaded and so I decided to just publish this as is.  If I figure out what was wrong I will add them later.

David's Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment