Sunday, October 26, 2014

No Subject line (How Lame) -- October 20, 2014

Well I'm loosing track of time so no pictures today!  Here's my response to your e-mail

Any pictures of Morgan?  I can't believe she's already baptized! That's the last of my cousins to get baptized which makes me feel ancient.  Also, you said you made Chile Relleno.  That means you made one. Its Chiles Rellenos. Got to know your spanish grammar ;).  Also did you know that really means a refilled chile?  A member showed us their daughter's marching video.  I don't drive a ton yet, because I'm just getting used to the directions in this area, but I'll be driving more.  I'll probably let Elder Mehew drive more.

This week since Wednesday- 

Thursday we went to a baptist church!!!  That was awesome fun!  We have a potential daughter of a family where she's the only one that still has potential so we went.  It was fun.  Very flashy, good service, the discourse was doctrinally correct, but ya know, the spirit just isn't there.  It was just fun.  La Iglesia Emmanuel Bautista.

Friday, oh yeah, Friday we lost our cool investigator.  She said that at church she didn't feel the spirit like she wanted to (she goes to a pentecostal church) and thought her answer was to go back to her old church. Not what we wanted, but she's still golden and now just isn't her time to really go.  But she gave us tamales! Those were delicious.

Saturday was another crazy day.  We were going to pass Jeremy off to the English elders but they couldn't come so we were at his house a bit, he gave us pizza, we prayed with their family (his girlfriend just got home from a crazy surgery)  Sunday we passed him off basically

Sunday was church, and it was a pretty good day.  The high council apparently has something messed up so me, a sister, and presidente Clark spoke.  I was just short, like a testimony short, and same with the hermana Ojeda.  It was good, and I guess I have good enough Spanish.  I've noticed (even just from what people tell me) when I'm in a position of like giving a talk, teaching a class, in a position where I'm not being conversational that my Spanish is much better.  I've always been better at speaking when its not a quick conversation.  I like listening and explaining too much.  But yeah, We get fed a lot, and its weird when the english family feeds us every Sunday.  It is just foreign to me.  Also learn to make horchata!

Well, that's all folks, more next week, its that darn time thing.
Elder David Austin Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment