Sunday, October 26, 2014

And I will be like Mother Mary‏ -- September 22, 2014

Okay, lets see how well I can write a letter this week.  Lets go with the form of a five paragraph essay! That sounds good.  And lets write it all in Spanish!

Siepre los milagros estan obrando en este mundo.  La tierra esta preperandose para la segunda venida de Cristo, y por causa de esto, el Señor esta presurando su obra en Su tiempo.  Hoy, por mi reporto, quiero hablar de los milagros.

Primeramente, milagros no siempre estan cosas grandes, y muchas veces son pequeñas.  Esta semana yo he aprendido que algunas veces, si hablamos con solamente una persona y fijamos una cita, esta es una milagro, aunque los hispanos nunca guradan sus citas.  Esta semana hubo algunas días en que hablamos con casí nadie.  Tratamos todo el día pero logramos nada.  Por ejemplo, el sabado, enseñamos a nadie.  Pero para terminar el día, nuestro amigo Bruce nos dio una referencia de alguien que el enseñó durante el día.  Solamente necesitaban ser paciente, y recibimos las bendiciones.
 
a rough translation
(Always miracles are at work in this world. The land is prepared for the second coming of Christ, and because of this, the Lord is moving his work forward in His time. Today, for my report, I want to talk about miracles.

First, miracles are not always big things, and often are small. This week I learned that sometimes, if you speak to only one person and set an appointment, this is a miracle, while Hispanics never keep appointments. This week there were some days when we talked to almost no one. We tried all day but got nowhere. For example, on Saturday, we taught no one. But to end the day, our friend Bruce gave us a referral from someone he taught during the day. Just need to be patient, and receive blessings.)

Okay, that´s enough for yáll. I just really like Spanish because nobody understands me and I can say whatever I want.  But miracles are real!  The work is still slow here, but we´ve had a good week.  We got a new investigator named Alejandra.  We talked to her while she was waiting for kids at a bus stop and we stopped and talked to her and we finally got to talk to her!  We had an awesome first lesson with her and she´s going to read and pray.  We just hope she doesn´t pray to the virgin Mary.  She had a pretty big virgin image in her house. (It was bigger than Christ!) and she talked for a while about her.  We´ll work on that next time about how we can´t do that.

To quote Jason Robert Brown "And I will be like Mother Mary, with a blessing in my soul, to believe in all the things I´ve yet to be, and I will be like mother mary, and I'll suffer any pains, for the future of the world inside of me."  I just had that song stuck in my head and decided to get it out.

But also this week we've been teaching Cesar Pabón and he is crazy awesome.  He is super old, never has looked to any religion, has read the bible a ton and has beliefs pretty similar to ours.  But he talks a lot so we have a hard time teaching.  As I'm typing this, my companion is fixing a virus on the branch computer.  So he was going to come to church, but then we taught him Friday about the word of wisdom.  He said he´d stop smoking and taking coffee.  But then, he talked about stoping morphine for his back pain.  We tried to tell him doctor prescribed stuff is okay, but so it goes.  He has the faith to be healed if need be, but we haven't seen him since then.  We hope all is okay.

But we've been seeing members that haven't been taught since before I came, and months before that, so we want to make this branch a ward!  So we've had miracles this week, even though we're still trying to find people.  I've got like no time, so I'll see y'all next week! Same place and maybe same time! I didn't go to choir today because we're low on miles.

Les quiero!
Elder David Austin Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment