Sunday, October 26, 2014

Obrigado!‏ -- October 6, 2014

Yes, we taught someone from Brazil yesterday!  I asked her how to say thank you.  It was a good lesson we had a member for, but she says she'll just stay catholic.  So we'll make sure she reads the book of Mormon and there we'll be.

Biggest news this week, I'm leaving Brazos! I feel like I just got here, its only been two transfers, but I've learned a ton here.  So I don't know where I'll be next week, but I'll let you all know of course.  I'll probably be in South Houston, or that is what we've predicted.  There is space there for missionaries right now.  But oh well... I liked Brazos, but it has to happen I guess.  Where ever I go will probably have more investigators than here, since we are now down to like one or two.

Well fun story time.  Remember Cesar Pabon? Well it can now be said he was just looking for a church that went with his beliefs.  He is awesome, but sooo crazy.  I have a picture with him, so you'll get to see who he is.  Tuesday was good.  We taught him and then he came to the bible class.  He wasn't as bad as you'd think.  We (well I was teaching the class) got to teach him more than we ever had been able to at his house.  In my last interview with president he tells me our investigators don't understand what prophets are and why we aren't exactly Prophets.  We're prophets. We're also apostles, but not Apostles.  So yeah.  He'd previously said he believes Joseph Smith was a prophet, but Thursday, he was just saying he was a man led by el espiritu santo.  I then had the weirdest experience I've ever had on my mission.  So we ain't going back there.  Basically he started prophesying what all of us were going to do.  Elder Elggren will have the gift of healing and will raise people from the dead and cure cancer!  I will go out and preach in stadiums.  I will preach my gospel in stadiums to people laughing and being moved by the spirit!  Bruce, will be a good person...
So we go to have a closing prayer, and he asks Elder Elggren, "Can I do something a bit different?"  He proceeds then to have Elder Elggren come up, and basically grabs the sides of his head and pronounces a blessing.  He puts his hands out and puts Elggren's hands on his, then moves, to me, then to Bruce. So we left, laughed it off, and went to eat at Sonic since two hours had passed and we were tired.

And we went to the county fair on Monday!  Hooray!  It wasn't as cool as the Utah state fair, but I still got selfies with cows! And lemonade and fried oreos!  The sisters didn't make it, and they had the idea originally (well we both came up with it, but the sisters wanted to go)

As for conference, I don't remember all the details.  I watched half of it in Spanish, (But none of the native speakers.  I'll go do that in a little bit)  Did you watch the Portuguese one dad?  All the talks blur together, but I took awesome notes.  My favorite talk?  I don't know.  Uchdorf's first talk was pretty cool.

Its funny that Bruce was going to be out on his mission before I finished my first transfer (or so we thought) and he's still here and I'm leaving before he does.  Have I ever told you all who Bruce is?  He's our Blaxican friend in the branch.

But that is all, I must go now. The church is awesome, I love having living prophets.  Fifteen of them actually, and fifteen apostles.  But we only have one president.  I gained that knowledge from La Luz del Mundo.  Obrigado mae e pai!

Elder David Austin Barlow
A bunny at the fair

Baby Chicks

Baby Ducks
David and a Cow


Elder Elggren

Hermano Cesar Pabon and Elder Barlow

The Fair!

The Prize Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment