Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Worse than being away on Christmas‏

My favorite holiday!  Memorial day! Man I'm sad I didn't get to be there, and I probably am more sad today than I'd be on Christmas, because seriously, this is my favorite holiday.  Memorial day family traditions seem to outstrip all other holidays.  4th of July, New years, and even Thanksgiving just don't hold a candle to tortellini salad and the Crystal Inn.  Sigh.... But it was a good week nonetheless. And as you can see, P-day is Tuesday this week because yesterday was Memorial day.  I think most people e-mail from libraries.  We e-mail in the English church building.  Its been like forever since p-day, because its been more than a week, so I probs won't remember everything I need to write so we shall see how it goes.  Oh, and mom, I think you misunderstood.  Its not high blood pressure.  Today it was 104, last week was somewhere in the 110's.  How low does it need to be before I can see a doctor to get me off of this medicine?  And LA means less active.  As in the father used to be a member but long since left the church, so we found them and had a fun time.
Using my journal, here is my week.

Monday- Was p-day.  We all tried to go bowling, but the place cost like 10 $ and 5 $ per game.  I like those summer mornings in Bountiful Bowl where it hardly costs anything to go bowling.  I got a package from Amanda and friends.  It included spin it bible trivia.  I haven't opened it, but we wanted to take it to the LA's house we visited and say "This is the do or die! Whoever wins this is in the true church!"  But we had a good day and taught two lessons despite p-day.

Tuesday- We went to that LA's house one last time to see if we could get anywhere with the Book of Mormon.  We didn't, so it didn't produce much fruit, but oh well.  Darn Christians.  Also, this church believes that apostles are perfect (Peter denies Christ, All have sinned, Paul says he's horrible), that in the time of the "law" that non-israelites couldn't be saved.  We read "God is no respector of persons." At which point they said "God is a respector of persons. We live in the time of grace when everybody can be saved! Egyptians and all those people couldn't be before Christ." (Jonah preaching to Ninevites, God is no acceptor or persons, etc.)  So they're crazy and don't understand anything.  The kid who was our age was cool though, despite the differences. He really enjoyed talking with us, even though we know we would not get anywhere if we came back again.  "The correct answer was the Mormons. Repeat, the Mormons."

Wednesday- Nothing really important.  Taught our Recent converts, the Alvarado and Flores families.  They're great.  We might go do baptisms with the Flores family this Saturday, we shall see if things work out.

Thursday- The Martinez family bought us Burger King.  We got all marriage plans worked out and they are getting married on Wednesday.  Then the 25th of June they're having a little party at the church, and they get baptized the 7th!!!  Hooray!  Pics will come of that.

Friday- Tried a service bike.  Didn't really find anyone who needed service, but we talked to some cool people.  I like talking to old people.  They're super great.  Although today I was getting annoyed over little details that turn the mission rules into Mosaic Law, but that's all okay.  You know, when you hear you comp talking about how a girl can send him a list of members in her area without directly e-mailing her.  Like that matters in the long run, but what can you do.  I'll just take it with a grain of salt.  And my blood pressure is low enough that I can handle that grain of salt.

Saturday- Good day. The Martin's brought us Carl's Junior for dinner.  That was a lot of food.  I couldn't finish the double western they just gave us.  We then went to a service baptismal for the dad of a family Elder Tate baptized in his 1st area.  It was wierd cuz I didn't really know anyone there, but I ended up playing the opening hymn somehow.

Sunday- Church.  Jaime Martinez came so he's now church qualified.

Monday- Memorial day.  We had district meeting, and so as we were about to take the other elders to get a spare tire, we helped this guy get gas.  He was interesting.  It was crazy rainy today though! Like a real Texas rainstorm.  Usually rain doesn't stop us from doing anything.  Our whole district is basically out of miles, so we had to bike.  So we packed our stuff into ziploc bags, started heading out to try the Martinez family first, who live a whole 75 feet from our house, and in those 75 feet we were drenched.  Its kind of funny.  So Jaime is like opening the door and giving us a towel and telling us to come in.  We stayed there for quite a while finishing teaching what they needed to know.  Then Jaime went and bought us Church's chicken.  Which is like KFC, but probably worse for you.  They're such a great family though.  Jaime even called us because he saw us on the 90.

Well that was a lot of writing for me, and I spend more time writing you guys than normal, so enjoy my long letter. and save me some tortellini salad.  Maybe I'll buy stuff to make it soon.  Anyways, I love you, and I love the Book of Mormon.  I hope you have an awesome week. Pics to come shortly

Elder David Austin Barlow

And Elder Tate just got a call calling him to be Zone Leader I think.  Yep
Andy

Companion Inventory Raspa

Our District

Rain

Taco Bell with Keene, McDonald and Tate

That Raspa

We're in Stafford!

No comments:

Post a Comment