Friday, May 9, 2014

From Mexico to Texas, or in the words of Zane Fowler- Its like the Mexican American war! Except you're saving souls not taking territory. ‏ 4/21/2014

Happy Easter!   Today I have basically finished packing and I think that I will be okay weight-wise.  They put a weight limit on carry on´s here in Mexico which is super rude.  Only ten Kilos, so my carry on bag is like only half full and my other bags are both around 47 lbs/21.5 kilos.  I'll probably just make it on that.  It has been a very spiritual weekend nonetheless, and I am excited, nervous, happy, scared, ready, unprepared, emotional, stable, sad, anticipating, hopeful, and any other emotion you can write down in words I am probably feeling, but its all okay.
What has happened since last Wednesday?  Well first off, our district is so close that we can hardly stand to leave each other.  Hermana Ritter already left this morning and the rest them leave tonight.  Steed, McKinley and I leave tomorrow morning.  We have to be at the main office at 6:30 which is such a blessing over those people that have to leave at 2 in the morning.  We had an Easter devotional yesterday.  I played piano for the sacrament meeting before because I guess I'm the best pianist in the CCM right now, which completely rocks my socks.  I think I just have the right connections, but its good either way.  Anyways, we then heard Elder Uchdorf, easily my all time favorite apostle, speaking from Provo.  His talk was very good, very very good, and it would be super cool if you guys had a way to see it.  His talk began with talk of Christ of course, because it is Easter, but he talked about the apostle Peter.  Peter before the resurrection, and Peter after the resurrection.  They are completely different people.  He summarized the whole story from Peter's life of fishing, denial of Christ, and return to fishing after the crucifiction. He then goes to talk about what goes on afterwards.  Peter's complete change of faith from being rather shoddy, to unwavering in the gospel.  Peter feared no man.  That was the basic of the talk, having no fear to represent Christ.

Anyways, the rest of the week we had had good lessons with our teachers, same as ever.  I played some sick volleyball, and I'm sad because I'm just barely getting good enough to hold my ground.  Man I have played so many sports the past month its almost kind of annoying.  I love playing sports, I just don't like playing with people better than me who care about the outcome of the game.   But Sunday night of course, we all had the same old evening video and "Hasta Ver" song (God be with you).  Except this time it was our district whose pictures were on the screen.  So yeah, we are all emotional.  We went to our classroom to give blessings to the girls who were leaving quickly and it turned into a testimony meeting.  The spirit was strong, and I definitely won't forget my district for my whole mission.  I've cried more leaving here than when I left home.  I will honestly say I do feel like I've already changed a bit from a month ago, but that is what a mission is for right? Allowing us to change ourselves as the first convert?

I don't know if I have much more to say but thank you for the prayers, thank you for the love and support.  You are all in my prayers individually. I will now bear my testimony in Spanish.  Except on this computer I can't get accents to work, so if any Spanish readers read this, they will know why.

He estado en el CCM por seis semanas.  Este tiempo fue una grande bendicion.  Mi testimonio he crecido mucho en un tiempo muy pequeño.  Yo se que Dios es mi Padre Celestial, y que nuestro Padre amanos mas que podemos entender.  Soy un hijo de Dios, y estoy aqui para apprendir mucho que me ayudara volver a Dios.  Se que Jesucrito suffrio por todo de nuestro pecados, y El es el sola persona quien puede saber todo de nuestros sentimientos.  Se que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios, y que Jose Smith restaurara el evangelio de Jesucristo.   Por medio de Jose Smith, Dios revelo su evangelio.  El Libro de Mormon contiene la verdad del evangelio.  Se que Jesucrito es mi Salvador.  Digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucrito, amen.

I will probably get to write you again next Monday when I bet I'll have my first P-day in the field!  Until then, Hasta Ver!

Your favorite elder, and probably your favorite son, even more so than Aaron,

Elder David Austin Barlow

And as for that earthquake, we could barely feel it.  We could see the lamp post and trees swinging, but couldn't feel it.  Some people were convinced they could, but I'm sure it was in their heads out of just wanting to feel it.  We had to leave in-field orientation and stand outside, but it wasn't much at all.  My first earthquake!

No comments:

Post a Comment