Thursday, May 22, 2014

It was great to See you‏

Dear family,

It was good to see y'all too!  Glad my family is doing great and it was fun to see your faces.  It felt wierd because its only been two months since I last saw you, so Christmas will come eventually, and maybe I won't recognize any of you by then ;).  Good to hear about your week this week.  Glad you are all well.

So I forgot my journal this week, so I'm doing all my remembering by memory, so lets see what I write, or what I rant.  I guess the biggest thing this week is that the Martinez family is getting married on your anniversary!  June 12th, its the dad's birthday.  Then they will definately get baptized right after that.  Jaime was finally able to come to church this Sunday, even if just for sacrament.  It was great because I was giving a talk at church and it was all super great!

So my week.  Monday night we went to a ward Mormon Night because we thought our Recent Convert family was coming, but only the super stalwart son was there, so it was a kind of a waste of time.  Oh well, it was fun.  Tuesday was my first Zone Conference (Why did I capitalize that?).  We talked about teaching the atonement, about using family history stuff (which I have yet to actually physically help people with family history, but I hope that comes soon), and about how we are weird as Mormons and its okay.  It was fun.

Wednesday through Friday was just normal stuff, teaching lessons and stuff.  We did a lot of biking this week because we are just wasting our miles having to go to the church.  We have to pick up the bike area elders, and we had five days in a row where we had to do that last weekend.  So we're biking before the weather becomes unbearable.  I guess I'll just get used to it.  It rained pretty hard on Friday, and we found out a super awesome new investigator moved, but that was okay.  Its always super hot the day after a rain storm.

Saturday I went on transfers to the wierdest, poor area ever.  It is called Brazos and its around the city of Rosenburg.  I was with an Elder Nielsen, and it was an alright day.  We just didn't really have much in common.  Basically I'm glad I'm in Missouri City.  I can't really explain Brazos except maybe as sleepy.

So Sunday was wonderful though, because church was wonderful.  I basically already talked about everything that happened there.  I gave a talk in Spanish, Jaime came to church, and I talked to you guys.  We talked with the Martins a while after.  They're so great, and Bishop Martin is a super great guy.  We talked about how we just can't see the influence of our actions now.  Its part of mission life, and bishop went to see like so many people last week, and one family showed up at church that he visited.  It just takes time.

But I'm doing great and loving it here.  Les amo!  Estoy orando por ustedes siempre, y espero que tengan una buena semana!

Sincerely, your favorite elder, and one of your favorite sons (Like I'm definately in the top 2)

Elder David Austin Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment