Monday, August 18, 2014

When I grow up...‏ July 14, 2014

So this coming week I'm getting transferred!  The assistants call the zone leaders Monday morning to say who in the zone is getting transferred.  On Wednesday we all go to transfer meeting where they announce where these people are going.  So I don't know where I'm going to be in a few days, but I'm packing up pretty nicely.  Yeah, I really like MoCity, and the assistants called a while ago asking if I had a driver's license, so I'm probably going somewhere where I will have to drive. Bleh! I'd rather be on a bike in the middle of the summer.  Well that would probably be good for my health in all honesty.  But I'm hoping this means I'm getting put with a native speaker, the foreigners usually don't have licenses.
But we'll see.

This p-day is being split up, so all of my p-day today is just e-mailing.  The elders in the district are going to the temple with bishop tomorrow, so that is our p-day. Today is really just a normal day.  Tuesday night though, for my last lesson here, we're going to have a throw down lesson with the Martinez family because its been four weeks since they've been to church.  They work super late Saturday nights and Sunday starting at 11, and they've worked up until basically sunrise the last two weeks.  However, they haven't really done anything to get new jobs, so this should be fun.

This last week wasn't super interesting though.  We ate with the Martinez family Monday for my birthday, and Elder Tate's, and Samantha Martinez's.  We had shrimp.  And super large slices of cake that hermana just slabbed onto our plate. At least it tasted super good.  On Friday we celebrated my birthday by eating bluebell ice cream (red, white, and bluebell flavor) and watching the district 2.  But other than that, we didn't really get to see anybody on Friday.  We taught Rosemery Blanco twice, and Elder Tate is going to baptize her before he leaves and I can come back for the baptism! That is what we want at least.

But I'm glad you all had a wonderful time in St. George.  I'd love to just sit and watch a play.  St. George must be super dry.  Its always super humid here.  On the nice days when we're biking, we just imagine what you all would think if you were outside at this moment, and we realize that we have become used to this weather.  I still miss snow though...

But there isn't much to write about.  Saturday we went to a primary activity, and yesterday was an investigator devotional, which I played organ at.  Needless to say, my piano skills haven't been a huge blessing like everyone said they'd be my whole life.  My organ skills come in handy though.

But yeah, I'll have much more next week,

Tengan una buena semana!  Les quiero mucho.

Elder David Austin Barlow

Also, I've been out for four months.  Let that sink in.
Birthday Celebration with the Martinez Family

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Birthday Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment