Monday, August 18, 2014

Anything can happen if you let it-‏ August 18, 2014

We had a pretty good week. Well we're having a baptism this Saturday so I think it was a good week then.  Wow, I'm already at a loss of words to say today.  I've been super tired this week and just want to sleep, but hey, we go on.
So what have I done this week? hmm...  well lets start with the worst part I guess?  We got yelled at harshly from a member's neighbor.  It was actually kind of humorous.  He's this old white guy and he was in the war and stuff, so we can't really blame him, but he didn't like where we parked our car.  We said we're leaving in five minutes and he freaked out.  We moved the car, while he swore at Elder Topham, even calling him names.  Isn't that the adult way of handling things?  It kind of reminded me of when we say Lincoln in the theatre with Shane and dad and the girl hogging the armrest sat by him.  People explode over trivial things.

Last Monday, man I don't want to type right now, the elders in my last district had a miracle baptism, that was cool to hear about.  An elder was going home that day and had made a goal for three baptisms before he left, and president Monday asked why the third person hadn't been baptized.  So that third person was baptized that night.

Then Wednesday something random happened.  We went to try a random less-active, and her daughter was there.  In the MTC, a girl had given me a note to give to her parents who live in Sealy Texas.  I got to the field and realized Sealy isn't in our mission....  So I tore up the note.  So the daughter of this less active I met happened to be her mom to whom the note was addressed...  Who would have known?

We found news on Thursday, finally! Hopefully they'll be cool.  We also called Marlen and taught her.

Friday I was on exchanges here and we had fun.

Saturday was a ward activity in a park.  There was lots of good food, and lots of games and stuff.  

And Sunday we set stuff up for a baptism on Saturday.  We'll see how that goes.

And I haven't really taken pictures this week.  I'll take some soon.  Next week is transfer calls. Time goes by super fast of course.

And since I don't know what to say I'll end here, I love you all, I love when my family writes me, and the gospel is true!  You guys are all great!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elder Barlow! I've been wondering how you are, and Delaney gave me your blogspot info so now I can be more informed. I'm glad to read that you are using your music on occasion...you have "the gift" and I know it will serve you well in many ways. I got an email from one of my former students, who said that when he can't find a piano he sings a hymn before teaching someone. Good idea! You're in my thoughts and prayers. Remember, "all of this shall give thee experience"! Geri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geri for your kind note. I will include this is David's next letter so he can read your note. Thank you for helping him develop his talent.

      David's Dad

      Delete