Monday, August 18, 2014

My God is a rock, in a weary land, and he's a shelter from the storm!‏ August 11, 2014

We've had a pretty good week this week! So here I am to tell you all about my life here in Texas. Hopefully this week I won't say the same things I always do, but who knows, I'm a very sporadic writer and never know exactly what my fingers will say.  But father, what did your subject mean?  I'm to the point where it only takes one, maybe two ties for my tie!  And its Travan Lyle Topham para que sepas.
Last Monday, another boring P-day, we're just farther away from other elders, and all the sisters nearby always are super busy doing stuff (like shopping at Ross) to go get papusas with us.  So we hung out with a member who is leaving for his mission soon.  He's cool and always comes out with us.  Maybe I'll be able to get a picture of him here.

But Tuesday was zone conference! Hooray!  Those are always fun!  We learned stuff, our branch fed us (when its zone conference, its basically the Spanish branch that meets on Tuesday).  Then afterwards I went to MoCity for exchanges and schtuff as you probably already know.  The picture I got to attatch is my bike ride Wednesday afternoon in MoCity with some of the Blancos (Pablo and Marleine).  Its funny, because when I first got to the mission, Elder Tate was calling this Pablo guy the ecuadorian devil, but he's changed immensely since then, to the point he will go on a bike ride with his kids and the missionaries to go teach.  Tuesday night we went to mutual in MoCity (because Rosemery was there too)  Pablo and Rosemery are getting married soon I think, and I saw the Flores, but I didn't get to see the Martinez (they work sooooo much!).  The bishop and wife are supporting the Martinez, because they've had stuff happen to them that needs good support, but all is great there!  Its super funny because I was with Elder Hales as you probs already know and all his stuff is where mine used to be, so it felt off.

But then I came back here.  This week we taught a bunch of potentials, but we didn't get any return appointments set.  We'll work on making sure we get good return appointments in the future.  But we taught more lessons to investigators than we taught the first three weeks here, so that was nice.  I'm glad you had a good week doing lots of stuff.  Being busy is fun isn't it?  Lets see what else I did this week...

Oh yeah, yesterday we had a lot of food!  We ate at a members, went to teach Marlen at the other members, at which point they made us eat more.  Potato tamales to be exact.  They were pretty good, but I hate eating a ton of food.  I'll probably gain a bit of weight in this area just because its not conducive to bike riding.

And that is my week, sorry this e-mail is just as airy as all my others, but hey! its not like I have time to write a eulogy or discourse.  I love you all and pray for you.  Also, I'm helping with the branch choir for branch conference coming up by playing piano.  I miss being stressed out by music, so it was fun!  Just need to be a part of a good choir now!

Elder David Austin Barlow
Splits in Mo City

More Splits in Mo City

Elder Topham and Hemmano Matamoros

Elder Topham

Rosenberg Water Tower

The apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment