Monday, July 14, 2014

I love a piano...‏ June 23, 2014

Okay, so going from here on out, I haven't a clue of how to start my e-mail.  Yesterday was p-day, but p-day was a month ago.  Time is a human invention.  We'll see what I can do.  Its been a pretty good week all in all.  Nothing crazy, nothing different, all just fine and dandy.  As for our investigators, its spelled Rosemery, not Rosemary.  It took me forever to learn that, but that's a superficial detail.  We haven't gotten to see her this week, but we did stop by and give her brownies.  Brownies are a very effective way at making people like you.  We expect to bake more this week.  Maybe I'll go day by day to see how the week was.
Monday- We taught the husband of the Relief Society President, Hermano Alcaraz.  He just needs to get baptized.  He goes to church every week with his family finally, boosts our investigators at church number, and just needs to decide to get baptized.  He always says "Algun Dia" Which means - "Hoy, no."  But he's been progressing, and we've been helping him by helping his wife read the B of M every day with her husband.  He just needs to recognize he has that answer.  Then that evening we taught an investigator that accepted a baptismal date! Mario, and I don't expect you to remember all these random names I send, they probably don't mean too much to you, but I'll make sure to get pictures today!

Tuesday- I love our district meetings.  We took a hurricane prep quiz!  And mom, no worries, we are pretty far away from the coast.  Most people that live here are advised not to evacuate if we ever get one.  But we could have a hurricane, and that would make for some fun journal entries.  But anyways, that's besides the point.  We had a wonderful day, and even taught a baptist that is willing to read the Book of Mormon.  Isn't that something?

Wednesday- We ate at a Less Active's house.  She fed us mole (Mol-ay).  Maybe I'll have to learn to make it so I can make it for you guys when I get home.  I think I'll start probing for recipies.  But she has been less active and says that she doesn't want to come back to church.  She has nothing against the church she says.  She loves what the church does, but doesn't want to come back for some reason we can't seem to see.  We asked if she's reading the Book of Mormon, and her reply was she's already read it.

Thursday- Weekly planning, our weekly raspa session for comp inventory.  I hade a limon flavored one.  That was good.  Saw Mario again, taught Hermana Alcaraz and committed her to read daily with her husband.

Friday- Have I ever told you about the Guevara family?  They're a less- active family that's coming back to church bit by bit.  They're super cool.  Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, I was told that you guys are following the ward facebook page or something.  I didn't even know they had one.  But hermana Guevara is super cool, and super crazy worried about her kids, but lessons with her are always super good.  We then went to the ward Father's Day activity, which started at seven.  That meant that people started arriving at about 7:15, and it started at 7:50 or so.  And you though Mormon Standard time was bad.  So much for the "terminally tardy Barlows" As Chloe used to call us.

Saturday- Hooray for Less Actives!!! and the Martinez family of course.  They just love us to death. It makes it very hard to teach, but what can we do.

Sunday- Church- this is the fun story now!  And the story of why its more important to listen to advice from your stake president instead of try not to offend someone.  Its just funny.  So sometimes I play organ in church right?  Well there's another girl that plays piano before I came, and who is often late, and doesn't play all to well.  Well she was on time today, so she got to play the piano.  (A few weeks ago the stake president told bishop to just let me play the organ).  But still I'm just the if she shows up late man, because we don't want to offend anyone.  (If you want to do that in a Spanish ward, don't even blink, cuz if you do, someone will take offense).  Well she can't play the last sons at all.  It was the "Never leave us, never leave us," which has completely different lyrics in Spanish about the Plan of Salvation.  But she couldn't play it, so half way through the first verse, the stake president taps the microphone and stops the music and says lets try that again, but with fervor.  And we think he told her not to play the piano.  So we just sang a capella.  It was awkward, and I laughed inside.  This is why you let me play the organ ;)  But all was well.
 
 
Your favorite elder,

Elder David Austin Barlow
At Jaime's birthday party.  This is how I celebrated your anniversary.

At Houston Texas Temple with Bishop and others

Downtown Houston- On the way to the temple.

This is our good friend Ted the toad.  He is always in this mold circle when we come home at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment