Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Your Missionary is Here March 12, 2014

Hello mother and father, I have arrived safely in Mexico City.  It was all good getting here.  Nothing too crazy.  I flew to Phoenix with Elder Lee, (His father planned a flight for the same day, so he bought us McDonalds).  There were about twenty of us on the way to Mexico City. We just got here and are just registering and shtuff so today's basically a day to get settled.
I already love the warmth here, although elders were complaining when we got onto the bus to the MTC.  It was a little hazy, so a little like the Salt Lake Valley in that way, but all is well.  It is beautiful here! Its like we were driving about two hours to get to here, and we pulled into this gated community of sorts and its like different world.  Out of the bustling streets of Mexico to this huge MTC.

My companion is Elder McKinley, the only other missionary in my group that is heading to Houston.  I think this will all be good.  

I was supposed to paste this, my mailing address.

Elder Barlow
April 22 (Departure date) 11-C (Branch\district)
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita #828
Colonia Zona Escolar, Gustavo A. Madero
07230 Mexico, Distrito Federal
Mexico

The estimated departure date for your missionary is April 22. The use of the
above address on all correspondence will greatly faciliate delivery to your missionary
at the MTC. Please don't send packages.

Okay, there we go. Its sent.  Well I now don´t know what to say, its not like I have a week of journal stuff to put down.  Just, I'm here, I'm safe and all that.  Did I mention how amazing it is here?  The buildings on the ride down were so colorful, and just looked Mexican I guess.  Driving here was crazy of course, Driving seems to have no rules.

We even live in a little house of sorts that's bigger than anything you'd ever find in Provo.  I haven't even gotten that far, so more next week.

Okay, now I really don't have any more to say, other than typing on a Spanish keyboard is hard.

Lots of Love,

Elder David Austin Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment